48 Oxley Street

Bourke

New South Wales Australia

(02) 6872 2333

Copyright © 2019 The Western Herald

Cobar loses 130 jobs at Endeavor Mine

July 24, 2019

Cobar has been hit with more mining job losses at Endeavor Mine PHOTO TWH

 

 

The Cobar community has been shocked by the news of up to 130 job losses at the Endeavor Mine.

Endeavor Mine, just north of Cobar, is a major employer in the town but may close operations by the end of 2019.

Mine operators - CBH Resources says it will slash its workforce from 161 employees and 40 contractors to just 71 people in total.  

The company announced the job losses as it plans to reduce its lead and zinc production.

The news follows six months of losses for CBH Resources, as the Endeavor Mine orebody runs out.

Endeavor Mine had been Cobar’s biggest employer for many years.

Local State MP, Member for Barwon Roy Butler said the staff cutbacks were a “huge hit” to the local Cobar economy. 

Read more in the printed edition of the Western Herald.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload